Compact Dry™ is a simple and safe procedure to determine and quantify microorganisms in food and beverage, raw materials, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries and internal environmental monitoring. The ready-to-use Compact Dry™ chromogenic plates are suitable for both in-process and final product controls.
- Self-diffusing media - no need for a spreader
- Room temperature storage vs competitive products with storage at temperatures less than or equal to 8ºC
- Rigid transparent plates with removable lid - no leakage
- Innovative stacking design
- Easy to label
- Ability to subculture without damage to colonies
- Widest available parameters and broadest application
- Convenient, fast and accurate results
Heterotrophs are a group of microorganisms, which include bacteria, yeasts and fungi, which use organic carbon as a sole source of energy. Following guidelines set by the WHO, treated drinking water should be free from contaminating microorganisms. Heterotrophic Plate Count (HPC) represents the total microbial count in water, including bacteria, yeast, and mold. Compact Dry™ AQ is a ready-to-use selective dehydrated media plate for the detection and enumeration of heterotrophic bacteria in drinking water and ultra-pure water. It is composed of a nutrient-poor culture medium for bacteria adapted to nutrient-poor conditions. The chromogenic substrate results in red heterotrophic bacteria colonies after incubation, allowing simplified visualization and enumeration.