The VeeGee Scientific SGX-1 Handheld Analog Beer Wort Refractometer features Brix and beer wort specific gravity scales, and has the largest, easiest-to-ready scale available for clear, sharp figures, screen shading, and incredible contrast. It is simple to operate and provides quick, accurate measurements for specific gravity of beer wort, with rubber grips on the body that block the transmission of hand heat to reduce temperature errors.
Operation consists of placing 1 or 2 drops of sample on the prism, closing the daylight plate over the sample, then looking through the focusable, cushioned-rubber eyepiece for the readings.
Easy to calibrate, simply place a few drops of distilled water or liquid standard (R.I. oil or prepared sucrose solution) on the prism, turn the built-in “zero-ring” until the shadowline is at the correct value of the liquid, and secure the ring. Models with ATC need to be calibrated in a controlled environment due to the built-in temperature element.
- Large, sharp display scales with high contrast
- High-quality optical glass material for consistent, accurate readings
- Durable, industrial-grade design with non-roll stand feature to keep unit secure on flat surfaces
- Tactical, non-slip rubber grip on body to block transmission of hand heat reducing temperature effects
- Prism encased in all-metal housing allowing sample and prism to reach temperature equilibrium quickly
- One year warranty