Q-Swab is a ready-to-use sample collection and delivery device for environmental surface sampling. Simply collect an environmental sample and snap the bulb at the top of the device to release 1ml of media into the sample. The letheen broth media neutralizes residual sanitizers and facilitates recovery of bacteria. After activation, the sample is ready to be poured onto sample-ready media film or streaked onto plates for culturing. Q-Swab can be used either wet or dry to sample surfaces.
- Environmental microbial sample collection and transport
- Saves money and time - no need to prepare broths or use pipettes
- Neutralizes residual sanitizers remaining on surface
- Recyclable #7
- Aseptically filled and gamma irradiated
- All-in-one sample collection system
- 1ml fill of letheen broth - perfectly hydrates 1 dried media film plate
- Q-Swab devices do not contain bi-sulfites. They do contain other ingredients like lecithin that neutralizes certain quarternary ammonium compounds (sanitizers) and Tween 80 that also neutralizes phenolic disinfectants
- Shelf life: 18 months (2 to 25 ºC)
Q-Swab combines all the elements of traditional sample collection into one modern, convenient device. By eliminating sponges, bags, and pipettes, Q-Swab minimizes materials and labor. With common broth options, Q-Swab is a perfect sample collection solution.
Q-Swab contains the perfect amount of media to rehydrate one agar plate or dehydrated media film without any waste.