Hanna Instruments HI96841 Digital Refractometer combines form and function into one compact unit. Featuring a 1.5 second response time, the HI96841 measures the refractive index of wort and converts it to °Plato with temperature compensation. The improved easy-to-read LCD screen displays temperature units (°C or °F) and measurements simultaneously. The HI96841’s IP65 water-resistant casing and sealed sample well are built to perform under harsh conditions, making it suitable for use in any brewery.
- Sample size as small as 2 metric drops (100 μL)
- Sealed stainless steel well with high-grade optical prism made of flint glass
- Fast 1.5 second response time for temperature compensated readings
- Designed for wort sugar analysis
- Temperature compensation algorithms based on sucrose solution
The °Plato scale is a way to quantify the concentration of sugars and dissolved solids in wort. This measurement can indicate the potential alcohol content of finished beer. The HI96841 converts the refractive index reading to °Plato based on the tables maintained by the International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis (ICUMSA) and the American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC).