Hanna Instruments Foodcare Portable pH Meters are durable, waterproof, and designed specifically for the analysis of beer, food & dairy, milk, yogurt and cheese, with specifically optimized pH electrodes.
- Waterproof - rated IP67 for immersion in up to one meter of water for 30 minutes
- Automatic Calibration - One or two-point calibration is automatic to two selectable buffer sets
- Automatic Temperature Compensation – An integrated temperature sensor allows for automatic temperature compensation of pH measurements.
- Battery Error Prevention System (BEPS) - Alerts the user of low battery power and will automatically shut off if there isn’t enough power to obtain an accurate measurement.
- Battery Life Indicator - The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available.
- Multi-Level LCD Display - The split-level LCD displays both pH and temperature readings, along with indicators for reading stability, battery percentage, and calibration instructions.
- On-Screen Tutorial - Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration.
The HI99161 is a Foodcare portable, pH and temperature meter designed specifically for dairy applications. Monitoring pH in dairy processes is critical to ensure the quality of dairy products.
The FC2023 pH electrode features a rugged, easy-to-clean, PVDF body with a conical glass tip, which allows for penetration into solids, semi-solids, and emulsions for the direct measurement of pH in food products including meat, cheese, yogurt, and milk.
It uses a free diffusion sleeve-type open junction design consisting of a solid gel interface (viscolene) between the sample and internal Ag/AgCl reference. This interface not only prevents silver from entering the sample, but also makes it impermeable to clogging in viscous liquids such as milk or condiments, resulting in a fast response and stable reading.
The polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) body is a food grade plastic that is resistant to most chemicals and solvents, including sodium hypochlorite. It has high abrasion resistance, mechanical strength and resistance to ultraviolet and nuclear radiation. PVDF is also resistant to fungal growth.