Compact Dry™ is a simple and safe procedure to determine and quantify microorganisms in food and beverage, raw materials, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries and internal environmental monitoring. The ready-to-use Compact Dry™ chromogenic plates are suitable for both in-process and final product controls.
- Self-diffusing media - no need for a spreader
- Room temperature storage vs competitive products with storage at temperatures less than or equal to 8ºC
- Rigid transparent plates with removable lid - no leakage
- Innovative stacking design
- Easy to label
- Ability to subculture without damage to colonies
- Widest available parameters and broadest application
- Convenient, fast and accurate results
Listeria monocytogenes is a pathogenic microorganism belonging to the Listeria genus. The bacterium poses a threat for immunocompromised people or pregnant women. It can survive under refrigerated temperatures. Foods that have not been subject to heat treatment are especially at risk of being contaminated by Listeria and have been involved in Listeria outbreaks in the past.
On the medium, the colonies of Listeria monocytogenes will show a characteristic colour staining in comparison to other Listeria. Compact Dry™ LM can be used for enumeration and also for the detection of Listeria monocytogenes from a pre-enrichment.