Compact Dry™ is a simple and safe procedure to determine and quantify microorganisms in food and beverage, raw materials, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries and internal environmental monitoring. The ready-to-use Compact Dry™ chromogenic plates are suitable for both in-process and final product controls.
- Self-diffusing media - no need for a spreader
- Room temperature storage vs competitive products with storage at temperatures less than or equal to 8ºC
- Rigid transparent plates with removable lid - no leakage
- Innovative stacking design
- Easy to label
- Ability to subculture without damage to colonies
- Widest available parameters and broadest application
- Convenient, fast and accurate results
Enterobacteriaceae are facultative anaerobic Gram-negative bacteria. They are commonly found in the environment and animal intestines. Many foodborne pathogens form part of the Enterobacteriaceae group, including Citrobacter, Enterobacter, Escherichia, Klebsiella, Proteus, Salmonella, Serratia, Shigella, and Yersinia. The Enterobacteriaceae test is a release parameter for various foods, beverages, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and cosmetics samples. The medium contained in the Compact Dry™ ETB plate contains a selective agent, pH indicator and glucose to detect glucose-fermenting bacteria.