Compact Dry™ is a simple and safe procedure to determine and quantify microorganisms in food and beverage, raw materials, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries and internal environmental monitoring. The ready-to-use Compact Dry™ chromogenic plates are suitable for both in-process and final product controls.
- Self-diffusing media - no need for a spreader
- Room temperature storage vs competitive products with storage at temperatures less than or equal to 8ºC
- Rigid transparent plates with removable lid - no leakage
- Innovative stacking design
- Easy to label
- Ability to subculture without damage to colonies
- Widest available parameters and broadest application
- Convenient, fast and accurate results
Coliform are characterized as non-sporeforming Gram-negative bacilli, defined by their ability to ferment lactose to produce acid and/or carbon dioxide gas. The enzyme in charge of breaking down lactose is B-galactosidase; present in all coliforms. Escherichia coli also utilizes 3-glucuronidase. Compact Dry™ EC contains selective agents and two chromogenic substrates: Magenta-Gal and X-Gluc capable of detecting Coliform B-galactosidase enzyme and E. coli B-glucuronidase enzyme, respectively.