The BenchMasher™ provides fast and effective mixing, ensuring consistent homogenization. It is ideal for preparation of samples were eliminating contamination is critical, such as pathogen and microbial detection in food and water filters. The BenchMasher also has applications anywhere larger solid samples need broken down or products such as powders and polymers need mixed.
- Contamination free mixing/homogenizing of samples
- Touch screen control with variable mixing speed and temperature control
- Adjustable stroke length to accommodate samples of various types
- Window for sample visualization
- Built in UV light for chamber decontamination
- 0 to 50 mm paddle distance
- Temperature range of Ambient to 65°C
- 254 nM UV Bulb
- Bag size of 16-18 cm (W) x 25-30 cm (H)
- 2 year warranty
Samples up to 400ml are conveniently loaded in the sterile blender bags which are sealed upon closing the door. Mixing paddles rapidly strike the bags, producing thorough mixing and homogenization without ever directly contacting the sample. Programming is user friendly – mixing speed and cycle time are easily adjusted on the large, full color touch screen. Paddle position can be adjusted to ensure efficient processing of samples. For applications requiring thermal regulation (such as Trichinella testing in meat) the chamber can be heated and maintained at temperatures up to 65°C.
The door is removable for access to the chamber and stainless steel mixing paddles. Each paddle includes a convenient rubber cover that is easily removed or replaced. A UV light (254nm) is built into the chamber and can be activated at any time to perform complete decontamination.