Engineered for controlled polymerase activity, Accuris Hot Start Taq is bound with a monoclonal antibody that blocks enzyme activity. This allows reactions to be set up at room temperature without the risk of non-specific amplification.
- Exceptional sensitivity for low copy PCR
- Ideal for multiplex PCR and amplification of GC-rich DNA
- Same enhanced features as Accuris Taq Polymerase
- Buffer optimized for fast cycling and reproducibility
When samples are ready, the reaction mixture is heated to 95°C to denature the antibody and initiate the reaction. Similar to the standard Accuris Taq, Hot Start Taq is provided with a 5X buffer, or in a ready to use 2X Master Mix. The Master Mix can be ordered with or without an incorporated red gel loading dye. The Red Dye Master Mix incorporates a red loading dye that allows amplified samples to be loaded directly on an agarose gel. The red color aids in visualization during pipetting, and higher density of the buffer ensures that the samples will drop into the gel wells.
Each Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase 500 unit kit includes:
- 1 tube of Hot Start Taq DNA Polymerase (5 U/μl)
- 4 tubes of 5X buffer (PCR enhancers & 15mM MgCl2)
Each Hot Start Taq 2X Master Mix includes:
- Taq DNA Polymerase
- Buffer (PCR Enhancers, 2mM dNTPs, 6mM MgCl2, inert red gel loading dye for direct gel loading (optional)
Use our convenient PCR Selector Tool to determine the correct Accuris PCR Reagent for your applications.