Widely used for general purpose filtration, the time-saving Whatman grade 2V qualitative grade is offered in this convenient pre-pleated form, which gives major advantages over flat circles. Has excellent particle retention and a good filtration speed and loading capacity. Also available in flat stock form as Grade 2.
- Savings in time required to quadrant-fold circles to fit conical filter funnels in repetitive or multiple analyses
- Decreased overall filtration time because of the extra surface area exposed; the normal slow down of filtration speed due to the loading of particulate is postponed
- Increased total loading capacity as more filter area is available
- Maintained flow rate due to the reduction in filter paper contact with funnel side and, the self-supporting shape of the filter itself
- The pre-pleating does not significantly affect any of the technical data and the same figures may be used for the flat circles